(If any images are hard to read, you can enlarge by clicking on them.)
To log in…
On front page, click on Log In. You will then be prompted to give the ONYEN and password you use for everything else UNC-related. Once logged in you’ll see what’s called the Dashboard.
Editing a Theme page…
*Please inform the website managers/GRCs KC Hysmith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Melissa Dollman (email@example.com) what Topics students have chosen to write on, so we can add it to the navigation menu. They are required to tell you before they start their post.
- Theme pages have already been created for you. You are going to add what topics students came up with for that theme by typing text on the pages and adding links.
- From the Dashboard, click on “All Pages” and you’ll see all the Pages. Scroll down to find the Theme page you’re looking for. Keep in mind there are multiple pages on the dashboard, so make sure to use the arrows on the bottom right if you don’t see what you’re looking for. You can also type a word from the title in the search box in the upper right.
- Once you’ve found the page in the list, click on Edit.
- Once on the page, it will look blank except for the title. In the next section we’ve set up one page as an example of the easiest way to format the adding of students’ Topics and Posts.
Adding students’ posts via their URLs/hyperlinks…
- Type every topic title the students came up with for that theme, including they ones they didn’t choose, onto the page. (You can Edit and format the look of your text just like in Microsoft Word or whatever app you use to write papers.)
- For the topic they chose to write on…. Copy the post’s URL (grabbed from the top bar, starting with https:// — just like any web page) and paste it directly onto the page under the topic they chose. This only works once the Post has been published. On this website, it creates a nice preview that way and it only works with posts on this site. See example below.
How to Preview, Update your added text…
- *You must click “Update” on the right-hand side of the workspace. “Preview Changes,” above that, will allow you to view your page before you commit to the changes.
The follow section is only if you need to add a Page for any reason.
Adding a page…
*If you have created a new Page please inform the website managers/GRCs KC Hysmith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Melissa Dollman (email@example.com) what Page(s) you have added so we can add it to the navigation menu. Let us know where you think the page should go.
- From the Dashboard, click on “All Pages” and then “Add New” or simply “Add New ” listed under “All Pages”. You might prefer the former as it will allow you to see all the pages already created.
- Make sure you choose a “parent” for your page, or the Theme under which that Topic goes. Parents = Themes. This will nestle your page under the right category in the menu bar.
Write and edit your page…
- You will need a Title in the top field
- You can Edit and style the look of your text just like in Microsoft Word or whatever app you use to write papers.
- You can Add Media (see instructions for adding to a post. They are exactly the same.)
- You Must click Publish when you are finished. Until you are finished, you can Save a Draft or Preview your page before you Publish.